You want to sell your Victorville manufactured home, and you want to get the max amount.
But “What do I need to do to sell my mobile home in Victorville“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for the highest amount that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your property sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or resources to do the things below… you can still sell your Victorville mobile home fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you months of time and costs.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Even vacant homes get dusty and dirty, so keep it neat! Nothing short of shiny perfection will impress buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, hire someone who is there to assist you until you sell.
If you’re a slob, consider finding somewhere else to live while you market your property. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade homes with you? Seriously, keeping everything flawless really helps buyers feel comfortable in your space. Nothing stops people faster from buying faster than feeling disgusted.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white. In fact, some subtle colors can really help alter the perception of spaces – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a serene place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will spend more money for a property with just the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t discount the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the chance to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the buyer – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Ensure that you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of small repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the mobile home – it makes them feel very safe with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their mobile home ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized doodads that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by untrustworthy contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should definitely find at least a few decent real estate agents who will help you price your property, but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your motives. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great realtors earn their value by doing this work and spreading the marketing expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of everyone else.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell mobile homes in Victorville – just to educate yourself on the alternatives.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy mobile homes all over the Victorville area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Victorville CA Mobile Home Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their mobile home sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things needed to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, rehabbing the property, advertising the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the resources to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell homes in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your mobile home… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Victorville home buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your mobile home over here on our website, we’ll check out your mobile home, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your property, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on yourself.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my mobile home in Victorville“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your manufactured home in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Victorville, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.