If you’ve been cruising around in Rialto, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising Direct Mobile Home Buyers.
Usually they say things like “We Buy Rialto Mobile Homes!” or “Cash For Your Mobile Homes”.
Are These Direct Buyers Credible?
At first they all sound the same, but we’ll walk you through some positive and negative traits to look for when deciding who to do business with.
Buying and selling mobile homes is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in several ways. Yet, just like any other industry – a minority of Direct Buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad. It only takes one bad apple to ruin a whole pie!
There are Direct Buyers who are great, honest professionals who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s crooked, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their customers, and who would sign a contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they are making a profit. Okay, maybe they wouldn’t sell grandma, but you get the point.
We’ll help you dodge these “shady home buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your property for a fair all cash offer and close on your timeline.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best mobile home-flippers are doing.
Positive Traits to Look For In a Direct Mobile Home Buyer
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need quickly. People sometimes need the cash in their home to cover unexpected medical costs, or to move to be close to a relative. A good direct buyer will work on your timeline, and not theirs. We can make that happen in just a couple of days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a troublesome property without the hassle of having to list it with a realtor and wait months and month for a sale. One of the best parts of working with a Direct Buyer is that they are YOUR BUYER. Which means you dont have to wait for someone to take interest in your property, because the ones you’re talking to already want it.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, handymen, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average direct buyer transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our projects help create real jobs for people around Rialto CA. Great Direct Buyers do their best to keep the business local to their community, which improves the lives of many hard working individuals.
- Buying US products. We spend a good amount of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady growth, and that requires investment from people like us. The real estate market is what stimulates the economy, so when we keep our materials within the US we’re stimulating our countries growth.
- Increasing the value of Rialto neighborhoods. When we improve a mobile home, we’re helping to raise the value of the entire community. We often rehab abandoned and neglected properties, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Rialto. The more people who move into our beautiful community the more resources we get to strengthen our schools, parks, and nonprofit centers.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our communities.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Oftentimes people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. This is fueled by reality tv shows that hype up the drama, but the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty dull. However, the bigger picture of it all is pretty awesome, becasue its about helping one another in ways we do best at.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of many moving variables.
So let’s get back to how you can utilize this information to find out if someone is a credible Direct Mobile Home Buyer, and not just pulling a mobile home buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local Mobile Home Buyer
When you speak with a local mobile home buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you assist your clients?
- What do you do for homeowners?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your company makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment strategy?
- How can I be sure that you’ll close on my home when you say you will?
Second, look for these negative traits of those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the title (ownership) of your home over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or Escrow company… be leery. Most reputable mobile home buying services will complete the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place, like an Escrow company. This guarantees everything is handled in a professional manner.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a mobile home buyer tries to pressure you into selling your home and insists that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable home buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason honest mobile home buying services place deadlines is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. For example, we buy a handful of mobile homes a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your home is available and we’ll reserve that cash for several days. So, if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll designate those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick buck, and not an in-depth interview.
Odds are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t want to do their due diligence.
True Direct Mobile Home Buyers who run honest and ethical home buying services are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
At Miguel Buys Mobile Homes, we’re one of the good guys. We want to improve our community, and give real estate power back to the people.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy mobile homes in Rialto companies“… never be afraid to ask questions! We’re just a phone call away.